Another year the Judges met during the 2nd Judges meeting on July 18th 2021 to decide on the Finalists in the IPMA Large- & Mega-Sized projects Award competition and selected the Winners of the gold, silver, and bronze medals in two categories: Large- and Mega-Sized projects.
The Judges decision was based on the reports provided by Project Excellence Assessment Teams, which evaluated the applicant projects in accordance with the IPMA Project Excellence Baseline.
The assessment process consists of various steps:
- An assessment team of five international assessors evaluates the Application Report submitted by the Applicant. As a result, the first Judges Report is written for review.
- Three-day Site Visit, during which the assessment team looks for evidence of project excellence by interviewing important stakeholders for the project including the clients, project team members, and other stakeholders affecting or affected by the project. This year the Site Visits were organized in an online format.
- The Site Visit results are presented in the second Judges Report from the Assessment Team, which the Judges panel uses to select the finalists and Award winners.
The winners will be announced at the IPMA Global Awards Ceremony 2021, on September 22nd, which will be a virtual event. All Applicants’ projects, regardless of the reached award level, receive a detailed Feedback Report prepared by the Assessment Team, which includes strengths and areas of improvement for all twenty Project Excellence Baseline sub-criteria. The Feedback Report is an excellent basis for implementing improvements in future projects and for reflecting on what has been achieved so far.
This year’s Finalists are:
The PE Award Judges 2021 are:
- Mr. Marek Sodolski, Poland – Chairman
- Mr. Reinhard Wagner, Germany
- Mrs. Mary Koutintcheva, Switzerland
- Mr. Ding Ronggui, China
The official celebration of the Winners will take place at the virtual IPMA Global Awards Ceremony on 22 September 2021.