INFORMATION FOR POTENTIAL ASSESSORS
BASIC ENTRY CRITERIA:
- Age: above 30
- Experience in working as a project manager: min 5 years or experience in working as a consultant in project management: min 7 years
- Member of any of the IPMA National Member Associations
- You will take part in a training session to get to know the IPMA Project Excellence Model in order to be prepared to assess projects when you are chosen and appointed as a PE Award Assessor for Large- and Mega-Sized Projects (written application based assessment and a project site visit) or a Judge for Medium-/ Small – Sized projects (written application based assessment).
- You will practice how to apply the Project Excellence Model and how to objectively assess the project management of a project that is entered into the awards process.
- You will get detailed insights into the working of a project team that applies for the IPMA Global Project Excellence Award. For example during the on-site visit when applied methods, plans, procedures, results, successful areas and lessons learnt are discussed with project team members and important stakeholders.
- You will have the opportunity to discuss and exchange views with experienced international colleagues during the training.
- You will practice and develop the skills required to be able to carry out an unbiased assessment of the project management of a project. You will learn how to assess the excellence of the project management; define strong points and areas for improvement. These skills will be useful for your organisation and perhaps for your customers too.
BY SIGNING UP FOR THIS TRAINING YOU COMMIT YOURSELF TO:
- Participating in the PE Assessment Training for the 3 day-duration;
- Self-preparation to the training (1 day);
If you are selected as assessor for the 2021 IPMA Global Project Excellence Awards categories: Large & Mega- Sized Projects, you commit yourself to:
- An individual Assessment: about 2-3 days;
- A Team Virtual meeting: 5 hours;
- Site-Visit: 4 days plus time necessary for travelling and preparation;
- Contributing to the Feedback Report: 2 days.
If you are selected for the 2021 IPMA Global Project Excellence Awards category: Medium/ Small – Sized Projects, you commit to assess maximum 3 written applications.
Preparing for the training needs to be taken seriously so that you will be able to follow and participate in the class discussions and to participate actively in working group sessions.
Successful participation in the training in principle obliges you to work as an Assessor/Judge if the IPMA Awards PMO asks you to participate in the process in the current year’s IPMA Global Project Excellence Award.
The confirmation of acceptance for and the participation in the training does not automatically imply that the you will be nominated to act as an IPMA Global PE Award Assessor/ Judge.